Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween

 We had a nice, quiet Halloween.  How 'bout y'all?
 
Halloween01  

Jerm was out of town right before Halloween, so this mama was left on pumpkin duty. 
All I'm going to say is this: There is no reason for a family of 6 to carve SIX pumpkins. 
Four?  Okay.  One for each kiddo is totally reasonable.  But six pumpkins to cut open.  Six pumpkins to reach into, pulling out the slimy, sticky guts.  That's a few too many for this Mama ;)  Next year the older ones are at least going to help clean them out, lol!

Now, on to the fun part.  The dressing up:
 
Halloween02  
 Kam changed her mind about her costume about 1.2 million times.
First she wanted to be a fairy.  Then a princess.  Then Tiana.  Then Fairy Princess Tiana. 
Then maybe a kitty.  No, possibly a ballerina.  And then finally, she settled on Princess Aurora.  Perfect!  She looked just like a little Sleeping Beauty.
Sierra had  her heart set on Cinderella.
She used one of my old pageant gowns, and we found some white gloves. 
Kenners wanted to be Ariel.  I am no seamstress, but I did manage a little skirt set in aqua blue.
And Tay wound up being the little ballerina.
We'd thought about a fairy for her, but didn't figure she'd keep the wings on anyway, so a ballerina costume was the easiest, most comfy idea for a 1 year old ;)
 
Halloween03  

We trick-or-treated at a whopping four houses, and then snuggled up at home for Halloween specials.  It was perfection!  And now . . .

The holidays are officially upon us!

I LOVE this time of year!!!
 
post signature
 
 
 
 

8 comments :

michelle ellis said...

Beautiful girls! I love this time of year too...it's so exciting!

Jenny said...

They look so pretty! Yikes about 6 pumpkins! I didn't even attempt one this year.

Colleen said...

It must have been surreal to see your daughter in one of your dresses! They all look so beautiful and girly - love it!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am laughing at all the costume changes....sounds like someone I know. {Have you heard about how many dresses we go through for each and every dance? :)}
They look awesome Mama!
And yes, you need helpers with the pumpkin goopy stuff!

Macey said...

This is a really great time of year, for sure!
LOVE the deer pumpkin...was that an ode to Jeremy? :)

marie said...

I love this time of year too!!!!

Your Halloween sounds great. My kids got enough candy to last a year. I am not exaggerating either.

Anonymous said...

SIX pumpkins? That is far too much work. I think I'd just buy one really big one and call it the family pumpkin! Problem solved. :o)

I love the costumes! Sierra is fitting wayyy too comfortably into one of your old pageant gowns. She shouldn't be old enough to do that!! ;o)

Connie said...

We carved two and that was plenty.

Correction: My husband carved two. I roasted the seeds...that's my job.

LOVE that black and white picture!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin