Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

 
Never before have I had so much to be thankful for.
Actually, no. Let me start again.
 
Never before have I fully realized all that I have to be thankful for.
 
Earlier this year we went through the worst day of our entire lives, as a family, when we lost Justin.  I didn't know that any of us would ever smile again.  Or find joy in anything again.
 
But that day . . . or those months, rather, that have led to this day, have taught me about the fragility of life.  And I am reminded every single day how blessed I am.  How blessed we all are to have each other.  I think it can be easy, when you're thinking about what you don't have, to not fully realize what you do.
 
This Thanksgiving, and every other day for the rest of my life, I am especially reminded how thankful I am for my husband.  I cannot imagine one day without him.  I am so blessed by our time together.
 
Wishing you all a blessed, blessed Thanksgiving!  I'm thankful for y'all too  :)
 
 
post signature
 

7 comments :

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

Jenny said...

What a perfect post!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Connie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Macey said...

I hope you had a fantastic day. <3

Kelli W said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks for the reminder that we all have plenty to be thankful for!

marie said...

I have lost a few loved ones in my life, some taken far too young, and there is no substitute for time. It is inspiring to see your heart is still full. Happy Holidays.

Busy Bee Suz said...

*tear tear* I couldn't agree with you more.
I hope your day and days are so sweet with your family.
XO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin