Monday, March 3, 2014

Kansas


Well.
I don't even know where to begin.
First of all, the longer I'm away from my blog, the less comfortable it feels to share my life here.
I'm not good with words anyway.
I think that's why I enjoy photography so much.
It's my way to tell a story without having to get wordy.

Where to begin?
Maybe at the end.

We just got back from Kansas.

Tay, Jeremy and I.
{Tay because she is impossible to leave ;)}
It wasn't planned.
Truth be told, I never thought I'd make it to Kansas.
I've wanted to go ever since my dear friend, Amanda, and her family
packed up to move over there last spring.
Gah, that was excruciating ~ saying goodbye.
I remember the day I found out they were going to move.
Jeremy was at work.
I called him and asked if we could move to Kansas :)

Our families.

We shopped for homeschool supplies together.
We went on field trips together.
We berry picked together in the summer.

We lived life together.
And then they were gone. 
 


So.
Super long story short, last Friday I got a message from Amanda's sister-in-law
letting me know that Amanda's husband, and one of her sons was in a bad car accident.
That was all she knew, and she'd be in touch.

Time pretty much stood still, and we waited, and prayed.
Prayed, and waited.
Willing with all of our might for God to restore this precious family.

Amanda's husband was improving, but
on Saturday, her son went to be with Jesus.
Typing that out, I still can't grasp it.
It sends a pain right to my heart just thinking about it.
Gah.

I spent the next couple of days at a total loss over what to do.
I wanted to be there for the service, but I wanted to be there afterward too.

In the end, we decided to make a quick trip there.
We really felt called to attend the service.
We flew out on Thursday.
 
 


The service was Friday.
I knew I wouldn't have much {if any time} with Amanda while I was there.
So long as she could catch my eye and know that we were there.
We were supporting.
We loved them.
That's all that mattered.
 


I was so thankful to have some time with her before the service on Friday.
Time to listen.
Time to hold tight.
My mind cannot comprehend what this mama is going through.
What she will continue to go through in the coming months . . . and years.

What a celebration of a beautiful life.
Ryan James touched so many in his short, seven years.
 
 


Saturday morning we headed back out.
To be home.
To love on our own babies.
But we will go back.
Soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
post signature
 

8 comments :

Busy Bee Suz said...

oh my....I'm so sooooo sorry for their loss. (and yours too) I just can't imagine the pain and heartache. I will pray for them and you too. XOXO

Jenny said...

There are no words. How absolutely devastating. I am glad you were able to go be with your friend. I will keep them and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I saw this on IG but to read the whole story...it's heardbreaking. How wonderful that you were able to be there for her and I know that you'll be there for her in the time ahead. I can't imagine!

Mama 2 Four said...

My heart is breaking for Amanda and her family. I am lifting them up in prayer!

Sarah Shumate said...

Oh, no. What a devastating loss. I am so sorry, and will certainly keep them all in my prayers. Has her husband continued to improve at all?

This Old House said...

Oh, Liz. Oh. My heart is breaking. I'm just at a total loss for words. How horrific. So thankful for the friendship you have with this family. Please know we are praying in Colorado for them- and for you. I'm so terribly sorry for their loss. Praying for all!

mountain mama said...

:( praying for them...

Connie said...

Oh my gosh. So heartbreaking! I'm glad you were able to be there for your friend and her family. Praying for them.....I can't imagine.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin