Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Ten on Ten ~ Oh how I've missed you & Countdown to Christmas Day 10!

 
 
Christmas02BWW  
 
It's been such a long time since I've participated in Ten on Ten . . .


 
ten on ten button

 
Ten photographs, one every hour, on the 10th of the month, to document your day.
 
I think I'll try to make time for this today ♥

Join in, won't you? 

Link up at A Bit of Sunshine

Be back later :)
 
 
CountdownDay10Tenonten01W

At 8:45ish we rushed to our countdown tree to see what today's activity would be.
{We're baking cookies, and making tea, and watching the American Girl Samantha Movie}

 
 
TenonTen02W

At 9:45ish, Kam and I were learning to read ;)
{This is the third time I've used the book: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. With success!} 
 
 
TenonTen03W  

And around 11ish I couldn't stand being cold any longer.
I brought up some wood to start a fire!
 
CountdownDay1002W  

At noon, we started our Countdown to Christmas activity for the day:
Cookie baking, tea-making, and movie watching.
 
CountdownDay1003W

We got started with our movie
 
 
CountdownDay1004W  

And later in the afternoon had cookies

 
CountdownDay1005W  

and tea!

If you're drinking tea, you *must* stick your pinky out, as Miss Tay says ;)


And the rest of my day went undocumented, I'm sad to say.

Jeremy and I had a company dinner to attend, so it turned out to be a pretty busy evening.

Maybe I can attempt a 10 on 10 next month!  
 
 
 post signature
 
 
 
 

4 comments :

Kendra C said...

Oh my goodness i had the samantha doll when i was a little girl!!! Loved her so much!

Anonymous said...

Poking my head in via Ten on Ten. I'd love to hear more about your Countdown Tree project. What a fun idea! Are the activities a surprise to your kids, or were they involved in the planning? I feel like this would be a fabulous approach to advent for my brother's family when he's deployed. Enjoyed seeing glimpses of your day!

Shannon said...

Baking and a Christmas movie!! Looks like a great day to me, Enjoy the season :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love these little glimpses into your day. You are such a special mama to those girls....so many sweet things happen in your home. LOVE!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin