Saturday, July 18, 2015

So Much Ketchup

 
Woah! 
I have so much catching up to do! 
We, quite literally, have been gone more than we've been home the last couple of months,
which has been making it hard to fall into a routine.
But it's making it real easy to take 4 million photos, and not have time to edit or post them. 
Sigh.
 
So, here we go. 
My attempt at organization. 
Again.


We had my most favorite kind of Fourth of July ever!
We stayed home :)
{I'm kind of a home-body, can ya tell?}
 
 The girls and I baked and prepared food for a BBQ we'd have
with the grandparents later that evening.
 
Fourth02W

I just {FINALLY} got a Kitchen-Aid for my birthday!
I've wanted one forever, but I could never justify spending all of that money just because.
 
Fourth03W

But let me tell you, it's going to get a LOT of use!
Tay likes to be in charge of it ;)
 
Fourth06W

Tay actually likes to be in charge of most everything.
So when it's time to give someone else a turn, she breaks out her grumpy face.
 
Fourth05W
 
Once Kenners was done frosting the cake, Tay put on her happy face again:
 
Fourth07W  
 
 Because that meant it was time for her to arrange the blueberries.
 
Fourth08W

Then it was back to grumpy because Sierra was in charge of the raspberries.
You get the idea.
 
Fourth10W  

And this year's cake went so much more smoothly than last year's.
Tay actually said to me:
"Mama, I thought you said we would NEVER bake this cake again"
{I love how she can remember words I said a year ago, but can't remember what I've asked her to pick up two seconds ago}.
Ahem.
Yes, I think I did utter those words when last year it was a huge fight as to who got to do what.
Kenners stormed out of the kitchen.
It was not the family togetherness I had planned in my head.
{It usually isn't.}

 
Fourth11W  

But we did it!
With no fuss this time.
And it probably helped just a touch that Kam had gone to town with Daddy to pick up fireworks.
That left one job for each, without having to share.
 
Fourth14W


Later in the day, we had my parents and Jeremy's parents over for a BBQ and fireworks!

And our favorite:
 
Fourth15W

Sparklers!

The girls got the hang of making shapes . . .
 
 
Fourth17W

. . . and letters. 
M for Makenna, of course.

Fourth16W  


Then we played a game where they had to spell out a word, I would take a picture, then I'd have to see if I could figure out what word they were trying to spell.
 
Fourth18W  

I think the "e" is backward here, but still pretty easy to figure out that they were spelling LOVE.

 
Fourth19W  

And . . . POOL!

The perfect Fourth!

And then we hurried our booties around packing up the trailer, because we headed out for a week-long camping trip a day and a half later.

Those photos to come :)

 
post signature
 

2 comments :

This Old House said...

I love my mixer! : ) They are so fun to use!

Jenny said...

I say this every time, but I have to again. Your girls are beautiful! I just love the Tay faces, hilarious!
The fireworks are so cool. Oh and I love my Kitchen Aid as well. We've had it for several years now and it's been great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin