Thursday, April 28, 2016

Seasons


I've come to the conclusion that no matter what time of year, it's busy.
I used to think there was a busy season, and a slower season, but ~ no.
I think there *was* a slower season . . . and that was when I had two children, and they were tiny.
But these days time seems to fly right out the window ~ full months zooming by.
I try, desperately, to hold on to the moments, but I can't.
So I embrace the busy.
It means we're healthy, happy, and moving forward.


For those who have been praying for my brother, THANK YOU!

He is doing well, Praise the Lord!

We got to spend some time with him a couple of weekends ago ~  visiting, and enjoying some great food.
 
 Kiddos got to play.
 
BBQ01W  

And we all got to soak up some gorgeous sunshine.

It was wonderful.

BBQ05W


And these two . . .
 
BBQ03W  
 
A girl and her Gramps.
 
BBQ04W  
 
 They sure do have a great time together ♥
 
 ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~


In other news, did I mention that we have a calf?
Yeah, that's kind of random.
On Makenna's birthday {back in February}, a day-old calf whose mama didn't want him, came to live with us.  And this little guy has completely stolen our hearts.

We cuddled him, built him a sanctuary, bottle fed twice daily . . .

And after more than two months, little man has been moved in with his big "sisters".

And he's doing just fine.


This was the look on all our faces when we found him eating hay with the big cows:
 
Cows04W  

He's like, "Yeah, I got this"
 
Cows01W  
 
 Sweet little guy. He's growin' like a weed.
 
Cows03W  

I guess that's the theme here, isn't it?
Everyone's growing, changing, learning new things.

No babies reside here anymore.

{Excuse me while I go have a good cry}.


And life moves on.

We're back to overcast skies, and raindrops falling.
We're all ready for Summer vacation,
sunshine,
shorts,
and a BREAK from homeschool.
Time to just BE with each other.
We're almost there.
We can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Just a few more weeks, and a day of state testing, and we're DONE!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
 
  
post signature
 
 
 

1 comment :

Jenny said...

I LOVE your pics! They are always the best! I am so happy your brother is doing better. I will continue praying that he can recover completely!

What a cute calf!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin