Sunday, August 20, 2017

Happiness and Tears . . . A 15th Birthday Tale

I looked at my husband yesterday, and through tears said, 
"Tomorrow we will have a 15 year old".
Time is such a funny thing, because, I swear, I remember being 15.
Like it was yesterday.
Studying for my permit test.
Starting my Sophomore year.
Like it was YESTERDAY.
I remember fifteen years ago.
Calling my midwife and telling her we were on our way to the hospital.
Walking the halls of the labor and delivery floor at Providence Milwaukie Hospital.
And then a few hours later, holding my tiny little 7lb. 6oz. baby girl.

And here we are, fifteen years later.
It simultaneously makes my heart burst with joy, and want to split in two.

My oldest baby girl, Happy 15th Birthday to YOU!































You are beautiful, smart, intuitive, organized.
You love hard, and are fiercely loyal.
You are dedicated, and hard-working.

And I am BEYOND excited to see where the future leads you.
Whatever your path, I know you will go far with God to lead your way.

Wishing you the very happiest birthday, and year to come!














1 comment :

Jenny said...

She is so beautiful! I know what you mean about time. I feel like I was just 15 not that long ago either. I always look at Abby and wonder how the heck can I have a teenager? How is that possible?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin