Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sunny Days at Wooden Shoe

 In between the hospital trips, we got to get out and enjoy a little bit of this glorious
sunshine God has been blessing us with.

Our first priority was making it to Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm for the annual Tulip Festival.
The girls hadn't been for a couple of years, so it was definitely time for a visit.
 
Tulips01W  
 
 I planned the outing carefully, choosing a Thursday morning {weekdays ~ us homeschoolers always plan our outings for weekdays so as not to run into the massive crowds}.

I knew it would be clear and sunny {not the greatest conditions for photographs, but beautiful weather to get out and enjoy the fields}.
 
Tulips04W  
 
 What I was *not* expecting was that everyone in Oregon would have the exact same idea!
There were, literally, thousands of people there.
You may not be able to tell from the photographs, but it was CROWDED.
 
Tulips03W  
 
 Take note:  Miss Taylor is *smiling*!!  That was one of the very few smiles we got that day. 
You'll see . . .
 
Tulips05W  
 
 The colors were gorgeous. It is such a beautiful sight to see!
 
Tulips06W  
 
 Oh! There it is. 
That was Miss Tay's face almost the entire day. 
Actually, that's Miss Tay's face most days.

It's rough being four.
 
Tulips08W  
 
 
Tulips09W  
 
 After a couple of hours I was ready to escape the crowds, but I was so glad we went.
What are your favorite places to visit?


And if you're dying for more tulip pics, here's some fun memories from years past:

2012

2010

2013

2011
 
 
 
 
post signature
 

1 comment :

Jenny said...

I just love these pics! Tulips are my favorite and I would love to see this event in person!

Tays faces crack me up. She's adorable even when she has a grumpy face.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin