Friday, March 14, 2014

Life

Life is out of control these days.
Day after day zooms right by.
It's got me wondering how I can simplify a bit ~ truly enjoy every minute.
Because, at this rate, I'll be blinking my eyes and Sierra will be grown :/

So. I figure I'd better keep track of what we've been doing.
My memory . . . not so good.

Right before we left for Kansas, we took a little trip to the ocean.
 
 

Nana and Grandpa had had it planned for awhile.
 


Honestly . . . I wasn't in the mood.
I was so torn up over our friends' accident.
Trying to plan how on earth we were going to get to Kansas without taking out a loan.
 
 


But in the end I figured I could either sit at home and be miserable
{and probably make my girls miserable as well},
or we could all go to the beach for a couple of days, and regroup.
 


So we did.
 


And guess what . . .
It was supposed to pour rain the entire time . . .
 


. . . but it didn't.
The sun shone, and we got to enjoy it!
 


And the girls, as always, brought a smile to my heart.
 
 

We ran, we explored, we cuddled.
 
 

Sissy found a hermit crab!!!
She begged and begged to keep it.
I gave her the long lecture about how they live longer in the wild, blah, blah, blah.
"Go return him to his home, Sierra".
So she does, and not 5 seconds later, a sea gull swoops down and eats him!
Sigh.
 
 

We got home from the beach, and immediately packed for Kansas.
And then, in the blink of an eye, we were home again.

The weather is starting to turn, ever so slightly.
We get sun breaks.
It's hit 60*!

So, we've been outside a bit . . .



Discovering all sorts of treasures.






Enjoying the little things.











What have you been up to?
 
 
 
 
 
post signature
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments :

Valerie said...

I was just stopping by to say hello…and then while reading through your post caught the word Kansas. So, I scrolled back aways…and was saddened to learn of the passing of your sweet friend's little boy. Hearts breaking…God restores, but for those of us left behind…the pain is real. Sending you a huge virtual hug!!!

Val

Jenny said...

Great pics! Poor little crab, but I guess that's nature.

I'm glad you got a little family time.

Caseybumpinalong said...

Absolutely amazing photos, as always! Especially love the one of the girls on the beach with the reflections.

Sarah Shumate said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot. I'm glad you took the time to get away to the beach for awhile - I'm sure you all needed it. I love the picture of Sierra jumping! That story about the crab and the seagull, though - how sad!!

My best friend's mother died two days ago, and I've been feeling such guilt about not being able to do anything to help her because we're so far away. I can't even be there to hold her hand at the funeral. I do hate this part about living abroad.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away for a bit with your family. The photos are amazing…but I too am distraught over the hermit crab incident!!!
We've been going and going….but trying to enjoy each minute.
XO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin