Monday, May 23, 2016

Forgetful

 I don't have much of a brain anymore.
Motherhood has fried it.
{And I do mean that in the sweetest way possible, because I really would not trade it for anything in the world}.

All this time I thought I'd blogged our recent trip to the beach, yet, no.
These photos have just been chillin' out in my folder waiting for a blog post of their very own.

So here goes.

Earlier this month we went to the beach.
Friends of ours joke with us that we oughta just buy ourselves a beach house since we travel there often enough.

And if we had a million dollars just sitting around, I think we'd do it!
We love it so.

We are super blessed by family friends who share their beach house with us at least once a year.

It is the cutest house.
In the most adorable neighborhood.
Just a couple blocks from the beach.

We settle right in, make ourselves comfy,
 
Beach05W

and set right to work playing games.
Especially if it's just us girly girls.
And it was, that first night.
 
Beach06W  

The next day, Daddy joined us.
We had beautiful weather, so we walked around downtown, and grabbed some lunch.
 
Beach10W  

Then, of course, it was off to the beach.
 
Beach12W

Jeremy and the girls dipped their toes in, then he motioned for me to come on over so that I could "get some photographs". Only, he took my camera while the girls took my hands and begged me to get in because "it's not very cold at all, Mama".
 
Beach01W  

Yeah. Right.
My toes about froze off, but not before Jeremy grabbed a shot. Normally I don't hand off my camera.  But I'm grateful for the moments I do.  Otherwise, one day, my children will be looking through photo books, wondering if they *had* a mom.
 
Beach21WE

So, then it got crazy. 
Girls plopped right down in the water {or . . . were shoved?}, and I skidaddled right out of there. Because, no. 
No to being a popsicle for the rest of the day.

Later that evening, Grandma and Grandpa joined us.
After a dinner of oysters and barbecued chicken, we hit the beach again.
 
  
Beach23W

We found some gorgeous shells, and Sis found the tiniest, most perfect sand dollar ever!
 
Beach24W

Tay . . .  found a stick.
She kept drawing a "trail" in the sand that she wanted me to follow, so I did.

On our way back up to the car, I had to follow every inch of that trail.
When I stopped for a second to snap a photo, she asked why, and I told her: because one day, many years from now, when you're all grown, we'll look back on this photo and remember our beach trip, the found stick, and all the trails you made Mama follow.  At that, she burst into tears, sobbing that she didn't want to grow up.  She wanted to stay with me forever.
And I'm pretty okay with that ;)

After a few hugs, she proceeded with the trails.
 
Beach37W  

Then we stopped for a sunset pic:
 
Beach29W  

And we got tired, so Daddy carried.
 
Beach28W

{Then we got back to the car, and found out that the car keys that had been in my sweatshirt pocket were no longer there.  They were somewhere on.the.beach. 
See above for reference to lack of brain.  Sigh.  Luckily they were found almost immediately, and back to the beach house we went}.

The next morning Jeremy had to go to work, so it was just us girls again.
Grandma and Grandpa hung around in the morning, and took us on a walk:
 
Beach30W

{This is in front of the condos we stay in every February with my parents}.

Then it was off to a very yummy breakfast.

We said our goodbyes, and enjoyed the beach the rest of the afternoon.

 
Beach03W  
Beach33W  
 
Beach34W  
 
 And Tay pointed the way home ♥
 
 
 
 
post signature
 
 
 
 

1 comment :

Jenny said...

Tay is so sweet! My nephew Andy says he will live with his Mama forever too. I'm sure they will both change their minds. LOL!

That looks like a nice beach trip. LOL about being in the pics. I'm the same way. Abby's photo albums look like she has a part time Mom.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin