Thursday, April 12, 2018

Texas!


The end of February we got to tag along with Jeremy on a work trip to Austin.
Since we'd never been to Texas, we thought we'd tack on a few extra days and head 
south to San Antonio ~ I'd always wanted to go, and I'm so glad we did!

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

The girls LOVE to travel.
And it's such fun, because everywhere we go, they are treated like royalty.
 
 The flight attendants were so sweet to them from the second we stepped on the plane. 
They even got to pass out snacks and drinks to the passengers.




Then they got special treat bags of their own.





When Jeremy wasn't in meetings we got to explore the city.
And it was just beautiful!
So colorful and vibrant, and full of rich history.
And it smelled like barbecue wherever we went! :)








We visited the University of Texas, and were awed by the beauty of the campus.
The conference put on a fabulous dinner, and we even got to go down on the field afterward.








And after thoroughly enjoying Austin, we headed to San Antonio ~
For some sunshine, more good food, and sight-seeing.

We toured the Alamo, strolled along the Riverwalk, and enjoyed local cuisine.






And we ended our trip with a visit to SeaWorld San Antonio.
What a BEAUTIFUL park!


We watched shows,



rode rides,



and made new friends.


And just like that, it was time to go home :(




4 comments :

Jenny said...

I've never been to Texas. Someday I hope to go!

Foursons said...

So it has been FOREVER since I've commented, but so excited to see you were in my neck of the woods! If you drove 35 from Austin to SA (which I'm 99% sure you did) you drove right.by.my.house. Literally. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves! Lots of state pride over here.

Sarah Shumate said...

What an amazing trip! I'm so glad you guys had fun! I've wanted to see San Antonio for ages now.

How cool that the girls got to pass out snacks on the plane! I guess the flight attendants got to take a little break with four helpers taking over their job. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love Texas so much! What lovely family photos; I can't believe how grown all your girls are. Take care!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin