Friday, November 30, 2012

Countin' On Down

 
 We are Countin' on Down to the FIRST OF DECEMBER!!!!

One more day, y'all!  And this year . . . is the first year that we have jumped on the Elf bandwagon!
I'm so excited! {Please remind me of that when it's 1:30 in the morning, and I wake up realizing Elfie hasn't moved!}

We are decorating the house today, and the girls cannot wait!

More fun activities to count down the days until Christmas:
{You can find the first installment here}

Make their meals special . . .

My girls {Kam, especially} LOVES a cookie cutter sandwich. 
Last week we made our own PB&Js ~ which is especially helpful if you have kiddos like mine.  Sierra doesn't like jam, Kam doesn't like peanut butter, and Kenners pretty much goes with the flow.
 
Countdown01

Or if you'd like to make it *super* special . . . Add sprinkles.  We really like sprinkles.

Countdown02
 
More Ideas:

 * Decorate a Gingerbread House.  We usually buy a kit, but I've seen ADORABLE little "cottages" made from Graham Crackers.  We may just have to try that this year.

* Have a Wrapping Party with your littles.  My girly girls LOVE wrapping paper.  And tape.  Ohhh don't get me started on their love of tape.  Turn on a special movie, gather together gifts for the Grandmas and Grandpas, and let them go to town!

* Christmas Movie Marathon.  Stay in jammies all day, pop popcorn, and watch your holiday favorites!  Ours include: Charlie Brown Christmas, Garfield Christmas {seriously hilarious}, Elf {LOVE!}, and Frosty!

Don't forget to share your favorite activities in the comments!!
 
 
 
 
post signature
 
 
 

5 comments :

Connie said...

Great idea with the sandwiches!

I sent a holiday napkin in Erick's lunch today with a note that said...Vincent and Poe arrive tomorrow!!

I hope he was surprised.

Unknown said...

Great ideas! My daughter loves the cookie cutter sandwiches, too.

Macey said...

I'm sharing your ideas with my SIL...she's looking for no to low cost Christmas activities!! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

The PB&J's are seriously the cutest things ever!
My girls were little before I learned about Elf-shelf. Or shelf elf. :) I love the idea...oh the fun I could have had with that.
AND ELF is our favorite movie too!!

Jenny said...

Those are cute sandwiches!

I saw a set of decorative tape at Target that made me think of Abby. I bet your girls would love it too. It was in the section with the scrapbook and office like supplies. It included lots of different tapes.

You are going to be so proud of me! I'm working on my blog post now, so I can link up!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin