Monday, February 15, 2010

Dance Team Is In The Air . . .

It doesn't really have the same ring to it, but it's that time of year again . . . Dance Team Season!!!

Dance is a big deal around here. I started dancing when I was three and attended EVERY dance competition of my older sister, Heidi. Annie started dance when she was three. Each one of us had studio dance and each one of us was on high school dance team {and I coached Annie's high school dance team, ha!} . . . and, well, you get the idea. We love dance, simple as that. So, when I left my coaching position to get married and have babies {wink}, Annie took over for me, and has been coaching ever since. For 8 years, to be exact. Wow, where does the time go???

Anyway. Annie brought her team up, last weekend, for a preliminary competition to State. It was such fun to watch. A lovely group of girls ~ beautiful, talented, sweet. And the icing on the cake? They took 1st place in their division. I really wish I would have videotaped it because it was a great performance. Annie choreographed the entire routine, and the girls danced it just perfectly. {Chills.}

This is how the evening went:

{And please excuse the photos. The lighting was terrible, and I had Kam squirming around as I was snapping pics. It didn't make for the most pleasing of pictures, ifyaknowwhatImean}.


Annie's Team

Look at those pointed toes ;)

It was such a fun routine to watch!


Here's my sis, Annie, with her son, Jaymes.

{Incidentally that's Sierra, my niece~ Sadie, and older sister Heidi behind them}

Jaymes may or may not have gotten into the chocolate . . .

Kam stayed busy for about a minute and a half with Gramps' shoe laces.

Cleanin' up.

After a long weekend of water-drinkin' and health food eatin' {and dancin' your boot off!} you have to have a treat! Pizza and soda all around ;) And, oh yeah, did I mention my parents hosted my sister and her entire team? {and a few extras?} They did. 'Cuz my parents are super cool like that.

And the best part? Cousins getting to spend time together. Is this the sweetest? Kenners and Jaymes are best pals. It's too cute!

That was our weekend. Whew, it was a long one! What about y'all? How did you spend yours?

post signature

12 comments :

Foursons said...

Kami's tutu is sooooo stinkin' cute! Makes me want a girl...almost.

Looks like a fun weekend. I spent it at home helping to entertain Jakob's friends who passed through our house one by one.

Anonymous said...

Liz,

Thank you SO very much for allowing me to be part of this event :) I had such a great time with you and the girls :)

Rhonda said...

I love to dance, but never took lessons. I would love to take lessons some day. Great pictures. I love the last one...so cute! Sounds like you had a blast!

{:miss v:} said...

How fun! Do you watch 'So You Think You Can Dance'? I LOVE that show! It brings forth such strong emotions for me!

We had a nice weekend of Valentining and then took little man to the Children's Discovery Museum this afternoon. He loved it!

Colleen said...

That makes me want to go sign Maggie up for dance lessons right now! What song did they dance to? It looked spooky/scary and very cool :)

Connie said...

I always wanted to be a dancer.....

Must Get Daughter In Dance.

He & Me + 3 said...

Great pictures and what a fun time. My Actress would love that. How cool! That last picture of the cousins is so stunning. Their eyes.

Jenilee said...

looks like a really fun weekend! we spend ours with a bunch of 5th and 6th graders for a church event. :) fun times!

Rachel Sue said...

So fun! I'm curious, what music did they use for their piece?

Jenny said...

That is so fun! I love the last picture! Abby and her cousin Matthew are best buddies too!

Catherine Anne said...

Such a neat post....

Anonymous said...

Liz, once again; the pics are fabulous!! Best of all, is your written post. It was a fun week-end wasn't it? It's funny, I haven't even thought about the work involved in hosting so many people; I think about the joy of it all.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin