Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Happenings

It doesn't really feel like Spring.

{It's been hovering between 40 and 50 degrees for-EVER!}

But because I see a liiiiiitle blue sky poking through the clouds, and because I'm longing for some warmer days, I thought it was time for us to start acting like it's Spring. Hey, you never know, maybe Mother Nature will follow suit?

Yesterday, after homeschool, the girls decorated their cork board. Complete with bunnies, flowers, and calepitters.

Springhappenings4

Springhappenings5

Springhappenings6

We try to dress up this board each month with a new bible verse and some sort of craft that ties in to the monthly theme. I think the girls did such a great, Springy job! And they had a ball doing it. Seriously, if you're looking for something to keep the kids busy, this definitely worked for my girls. They were cutting, pasting, and designing for a couple of hours! {We won't talk about the kind of trouble Kam got into during that time. Think LOTS of glue stick fun}. And our left over flowers and bunnies will be used for some Springy Easter cards.

Springhappenings7


~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

Other things that have been keeping us busy?

I know it's a bit early, but we couldn't help but get a dresser ready for little Miss.

It shouldn't surprise me, being that this is our fourth girl, but we seriously have SO many baby girl clothes. I think we're set. For the first few months anyway. After that we have a conflict in seasons. Our newest princess will be a Summer baby, and Kam and Kenners are Winter babies. And I just don't have much left over from when Sierra was a baby.

Springhappenings2

And finally, you see what was on display smack.dab. in front of the grocery check out?

Springhappenings

As if my girls wouldn't have been able to spot it from a mile away. They talked me into it. They're quite persistent, you know.

post signature

9 comments :

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the springy decorations. And of course the calepillers are the best. :)
Oh...baby clothes...makes me miss THOSE DAYS. I sure wish I could send you some of our sun and HEAT!

Kelli said...

Way to bring in the Spring. I love the idea of posting a verse...I might have to copy that. Look at all of those clothes...how fun :) We want to see Tangled...we're going to watch it on vacation.

Heather said...

I had the same seasonal dilemma with my girls. Reagan...summer. Skylar...winter. Then we were done and gave it all away. Then came Bailey. Sigh. Spring. :) It's good I love to shop.
Love that corkboard. What a great idea!! We do crafts all the time and I always feel badly just tossing them aside. It would be nice to have something we could look at for a while.
We got Tangled too! Cute movie!

Kelly said...

I love the spring corkboard! They did a fantastic job and I just love this idea of changing it out each month. Too cute!

Connie said...

We love tangled!!

IT's going to be 79 today...so we're going to the zoo. And then it's going to snow tomorrow.

Xazmin said...

What a CUTE cork board! I love it...so springy! I am definitely longing for spring as well! We had a super nice couple of days, but it has cooled down again...boo.

I also had conflicting babies, so I feel where you're coming from!

And TANGLED! Oh my, we had to get it on the first day! I must say it is my favorite movie that Disney has put out in YEARS. Probably since the first Toy Story, I haven't fallen so in love with a movie!

Foursons said...

You send out Easter cards? You are a much better person than I.

Impulsive Addict said...

I am in love with the board! What a cute idea!!!! I have tons of girl clothes from just ONE BABY. "SOMEBODY" has been going crazy. It may or may not be my mother and myself.

jennohara said...

I think I might have to steal the corkboard idea! Look how cute it is! :)
How exciting it is getting everything ready for the baby. I wish I knew what we were having...but we couldn't bring ourselves to find out! I've got everything from both my girls, because Hanna was SO much smaller than Gracie, who stretched out all her clothes because she was so chunky. So I think we're covered if it's another girl... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin