Friday, December 14, 2012

Countdown to Christmas 2012 ~ Week 2

Countdown to Christmas Button  
 
 
Goodness, gracious.  Days are just passing me right by!  I can't believe we are already on Week 2 of Countdown to Christmas!!

This last week has been a busy one . . . but nowhere near what the coming week will be.  Sometimes I wish there was a pause button . . . just so that I had a minute to take it all in.

Saturday the girls and I went to a local Christmas Bazaar.  We had so much fun just browsing and admiring all of the decorations.  {I didn't snap one picture.  Taylor thought it might be fun to run around like a crazy lady the entire time.  Not real conducive to picture taking}.

Sunday was our second annual cookie baking party. My mom, sister, two nieces, and a friend all came out.  And we baked up a storm.  So much fun!!
 
ChristmasCookieCollage  

On Monday I got to spend an afternoon shopping with my mom. My mom and I spend a lot of time together.  We even go shopping together quite often.  But.  Would you believe that we have never {not once} gone shopping together without kiddos?  In fact, it was only my third time ever going shopping {yes, even grocery shopping} without any of my littles.  We missed each other something fierce, but it was wonderful to be able to pick out a few gifts without worrying that little eyes were going to take notice.  The girls got to spend that time with Daddy . . . picking out a few things for a new kitty we hope to be getting soon!

{No pictures on Monday either :( }

Tuesday morning Kam had her final dance class before Christmas break.  Our outing afterward was a trip to the library to pick out Christmas books!

 
Countdown05

Wednesday's activity was making gifts for our American Girl dolls ;)  Sierra and Makenna bring their dolls with them EVERYWHERE.  They are very special members of our family.  So, it only made sense for them to make a special Christmas present for them.  They made scrapbooks for their dolls.  Kam decorated a stocking for hers.  And Tay pretty much just searched for markers, glue, and anything else that might get her into some trouble.
 
Countdown01  

Thursday found us shopping.  We picked up Nana and Grandma, and headed out for a girls day of shopping and lunch.  I nearly finished the rest of my shopping {YAY!}.  Just one or two more things to pick up.  And the girls love to shop, so it was a perfect outing.


Countdown03
 
Countdown04


Alrighty.  What have y'all been up to?  I want to hear all about it!

And don't forget to link up!


 
post signature
 
 

6 comments :

Connie said...

I totally agree. I need a pause button!

What a sweet idea to make gifts for their dolls. You have very thoughtful ladies.

Kelli W said...

Shopping without kids is so nice, but it is weird too! Not having to look after, chase, or worry about someone breaking something make shopping go so fast:) I was in and out of Target the other day in less than 30 mins because I was by myself! That last pictures is so pretty! Your girls are all getting so big!

Macey said...

I would like a pause AND a rewind button, kay?
WHERE is Santa's house?? I bet my boys would love to go there.

Jenny said...

I am so happy you got to spend some time with your Mom without kids. That is so special!

A kitty? How exciting. Woohoo for Dad to be able to take all of them out. I don't think Dave could do that. LOL!

The pictures are great. You all look adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, that little Taylor is so stinkin cute! My girls take their American girl dolls everywhere too. Like today, we were fixing to leave to go to my 3D ultrasound. My husband said, "I thought your mom said you couldn't bring anything," to one of our daughters. I replied, "I did, but their American girl dolls don't count." lol He just shook is head in confusion. hahaha As for us, we've been making homemade play dough, making your Rudolph candy canes (awesome idea btw,thank you for sharing!) visiting friends, and baking. Now I"m debating on baking homeamde ornaments. At 7 1/2 months pregnant I tire easily so we'll see. lol Have a happy Sunday mama!!

marie said...

Same busyness but my pictures would definitely not be as cute as yours! Lila also is getting Caroline, her American girl doll, a gift for Christmas. It's a tiny beanie baby cocker spaniel we found new at the Goodwill.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin