Friday, January 22, 2010

Flashback Friday ~ Week 33

Alright y'all I'm just going to be honest, I'm sort of looking forward to the end of these journals. I am getting some odd anonymous comments, and it's always on these journal entry posts. Weird. Anyway, this is officially the last week that I journaled besides my birth story, so the end is in sight ;) Happy Friday!


{originally submitted January 21, 2009}

Week 33 ~ Hospitalized

Just typing the title for this journal entry seems so surreal. I am still in shock that I have been hospitalized for the last 6 days with a very good possibility that I will not be going home until I deliver our baby.

Where do I begin? Last Friday we were scheduled for a follow-up ultrasound at the perinatologist office. Jeremy and I made the drive and waited patiently for the ultrasound to begin. Much to our surprise the ultrasound showed that the anemia had gotten worse, and in a matter of minutes we were whisked away to Labor and Delivery to get set up on a fetal monitor. We were then told that I would receive my first of two steroid injections, and most likely deliver our baby on Sunday, just shy of 34 weeks gestation.

Since then I have had my two injections of steroids, and the doctors have kept a very close eye on our little one. Most importantly, it is now Wednesday and I haven’t had to deliver yet. I’ve had almost continual fetal monitoring, and 1-2 ultrasounds daily since being admitted. I feel very lucky to be in a place that is taking such good care of us.

While I am trying so hard to keep a positive outlook, I would be lying if I said this wasn’t the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Being away from Jeremy and the girls is excruciating; I miss them every minute. It’s especially hard because I am used to being with them all day every day. I’ve never been away from the girls for more than 24 hours, so the past 6 days has felt like an eternity to me. And as you can imagine, this is equally hard on them. At 6 and 3 years old, Sierra and Makenna don’t quite understand why I can’t just come home. As for Jeremy, I can’t imagine how stressful it must be. He’s gone from dad to single-parent in the blink of an eye, and has acquired many more responsibilities.

Now we play the waiting game. Each day we wait to see if today is the day we deliver, or if we can buy just a bit more time. If she remains stable, they will try to postpone delivery as long as possible. Our first priority is a healthy baby girl.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them all!



post signature


~~Mel~~ said...

I've been getting ALOT of spam lately...and odd comments too!

I can sense your worry through this last entry...I'm so glad Kam was born healthy!

Misty said...

I have been getting ALOT of anonymous comments
lately too and they are all very ODD!!!

Jenny said...

I agree about the spam comments. I've been getting some too, but mostly on old posts.

That must have been really hard to be in the hospital with 2 other children at home!

Foursons said...

Oh gosh girlie. The stress you were feeling jumps out of this post and screams. I bet you were so relieved to finally get to go home to all of your babies and be a family again.

He & Me + 3 said...

Well, we know that Jeremy survived being a single daddy for a while...but it must have been so stressful from day to day. Just the not knowing would have broke me down.
It is so cool that you have all of this journaled.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin