Wednesday, November 25, 2015

More DIY!

 We are in Christmas planning mode around here.
Y'all, it's only one month away!

In preparation for Countdown to Christmas {starting in SIX days!},
I thought I'd make the little girls somethin' festive to wear:
 
Applique04W

These little tees are super easy to make.

You just need a few different fabric patterns, fusible webbing, a shirt, and iron.
 
Applique01W  

I cut my pieces the size I wanted the tree to be for each shirt,
then attached my fusible webbing.
I can't recall the brand I used, but that's okay, because I wouldn't recommend it anyway.
The brand I USUALLY use, I couldn't find at JoAnn's the last time I was there.
It's easy peasy to use, and it's called "Steam-A-Seam".
Go buy some!

 
Applique02W  

I set the iron to cotton/steam, and placed it on top of the fabric and shirt for about 30-40 seconds.
 
Applique03W  

Attach a bow to the top, and voila!
 
Applique05W  

I also stitched around it because it finishes it off nicely.

Then I found my model:
 
Applique06W  
 
 Pretty cute, right?

And the whole thing, from start to finish, took less than 30 minutes!
 
 What kinds of crafty have you been up to?
 
  
post signature
 
 

1 comment :

Jenny said...

That is so cute! I should make one for Abby. I'm not sure if she'd wear it though. She's in that stage of thinking things are too "baby". LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin