Monday, January 18, 2016

In the Grand Scheme . . .


Okay.
I know I mostly just post pictures here, with a few little nothing thoughts sprinkled about, but today I've got thoughts.

I know.

It's a miracle.

Lately I've taken to stressing about everything.
And by lately, I mean pretty much the last 6 or 7 years.
Truly.
I have terrible anxiety that runs the gamut from worrying that I will die before I get to see my babies grow up, to absolutely ridiculous things like "did I respond to that one email I got this morning? Oh no, what if Mary May thinks I'm ignoring her.  I'll bet she hates me now".  Yep.  I don't discriminate, I just worry about it all.  I'm a multi-tasker like that.
And for me ~ worry, stress, and anxiety manifest themselves through a LOT of stomach issues.
And that leads me to step away from life, in general, and just want to hide away at home with my little fam.

But, I digress.

Where was I?  Oh yeah, the stuff I worry about.
Well, it's pretty much everything. 
But recently, {the last year or so}, the worries at the forefront of my brain
are predominantly concerns about my girls.  I mean, they always have been. 
But now, instead of worrying about diaper rashes, or picky eating,
I worry about their education.  Their hobbies and activities. 
Specifically: their homeschool education.  Are we doing enough?
And the fact that they aren't in every activity or sport under the sun.

You know what doesn't help the worrying?  Satan.
He loves taking every worry and insecurity we have, and magnifying it for us.
And Social Media.
Oh Social Media.  A definite love/hate relationship for me.
I love being able to connect with others, but it can be difficult when it *looks* like everyone else is living the perfect life ~ doing it all right ~ when sometimes you feel like you're doing it all wrong.

But the other day, while I was worrying about whether or not to continue homeschooling past 8th grade {Sierra will be a FRESHMAN next year.  HOW did this happen so quickly??}, and then worrying some more because my girls aren't involved in a sport or activity every.single.season., I had a moment of peace.  And clarity.

Because you know what, IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS:

*It doesn't matter if you're a mama who works, or if you're a mama who stays at home.

*It doesn't matter if your kiddos are homeschooled, or attend public school {or private, or charter, or, or, or}

*It doesn't matter if you're a vegetarian, or if you like your meat!

*It doesn't matter if your child is involved in sports or activities every single day of the week, or not at all.

*It doesn't matter if you have one child, or 12.

*It doesn't matter if you use Pampers or Huggies ~ hehehehehe!!!

It plain does.not.matter. 

Because when we parent with love, and follow God's plan for our lives, the rest falls into place.


And on that note . . .

You know some photos are comin'

I just have to.

We've been having some awfully crummy weather days, but that hasn't kept us indoors, no siree!

We just bundle up, and head right out into the sprinkles.
 
Explore02W  
 
 
Explore03W  
 
 
Explore06W  
 
 This little fishy-guy was cracking me up.  He did NOT like us getting too close to the water. 
Any time we would lean in for a closer look, he'd jump out at us to scare us away.
 
Explore04W  

The girls braved the old, rickety bridge for a quick group shot {much to Kenners' dismay.  She did not want to set one foot on that bridge!}.
 
Explore01W  

After a long walk to the creek and back, we were COLD, and wet!
Hot showers, and hot cocoa all around!
 
Explore08W  
 
 
Explore09W  
 
 
Explore10W  
 
 
Explore11W  
 
 
 And now . . . I'm either ready for about a foot of snow, or 80* temps!

This rain can go bye-bye!

Oh!  By the way, fellow homeschooling friends . . . my sweet friend, Melissa, is starting her journey as an Usborne Book distributor.  They have the coolest books for your homeschool library!!!  I am having an online book party Wednesday night.  If you are interested in taking a peek at these gorgeous books, just let me know, and I'll link you right up to the group!
 
 
 
 
post signature
 
 
 
 

3 comments :

Jenny said...

Well it does matter if you use Pampers or Huggies. Pampers never held the pee. LOLOL! I totally get what you mean. I have so much anxiety too, especially about homeschooling. Abby is 11 and all I can think is will she be ready to be on her own? That's funny, because she's only 11. At the same time, it seems so soon when she'll have to be responsible for herself. We have a LONG ways to go before that.

Your girls are so beautiful! They could all be models. No need to finish school. LOL!

Colleen said...

Such a wise mama! Your girls are going to turn out just fine :)

Mama 2 Four said...

Oh my word I can so relate to this!!! Stress, anxiety, hiding away, and don't get me started on homeschooling! The burden of that alone weighs me down tremendously! My boys will need to be the head of their own house one day, how can I ever do enough to prepare them for that?!
And social media is a love/hate relationship for me as well. Most people only post the best pictures and best stories and we don't get to see what everyday life is really like for them so they seem perfect. I am guilty of this too, I need to do a post on what our family beach trip last year was really like (we couldn't wait to get home, Haha) lest others think our little family is perfect. We struggle with all kinds of stuff and I think I will start posting more about those things. I think if we were all a little more transparent we could all relate so much better!
It was so good to hear from you over at my blog! As always your girls are just precious and you are doing a great job! Soldier on Mama and know that you are not alone in these struggles! HUGS!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin