Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Fest!

Last week we ventured out to the Pumpkin Fest at Wooden Shoe.  Typically we head to Wooden Shoe in the spring to see the beautiful tulip fields.  But last year was the first ever Pumpkin Fest, and since we're suckers for all things pumpkin and autumny, we were totally there!
PumpkinFest2

There were bales of hay for climbing.

PumpkinFest3

And Gramps came along to keep us company.

PumpkinFest4

Cow trains to ride. 
The same cow train I rode back in April when I was 7 months pregnant with Tay. 
The one that almost sent me into labor ;)

PumpkinFest5

But the cow train is a highlight for the girls, so they hopped right on!

PumpkinFest6

Where y'all goin'?  The Pumpkin Fest, of course!

PumpkinFest7

And we even got a quick photo before the rain started falling :)

Next week it's the Pumpkin Patch! 
{If the weather man is right about the sunshine.  The last four days were supposed to have been dry, ahem.  And it's been sprinkling non-stop.}

So . . . have any of y'all been to the pumpkin patch yet?  Harvest festivals?  Apple pickin'?  I want to hear about it!

post signature

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love the new header!!! I lovew how your girls look so similar, but so different at the same time. (Does that makes sense??) :o)

This looks like so much fun!!! I love the little train! We are going to a farm this coming Saturday to dig through the pumpkin patch and walk through the corn maze. I can't wait!!! :o)

Kelli W said...

How fun! I love the picture of all your girlies together! Ms. Taylor is getting so big! I am going with Grant's class to the Corn Maze tomorrow. They have a cow train that the kiddos love too:)

Kelli said...

OK...that last picture is SO good. All of the girls looking right at the camera...priceless. Looks like you guys had a really great day. We went to a local farm for a hay ride & hot dog roasting last weekend. It was a lot of fun. And we did apple picking..always one of our favorites! This weekend we're heading south to our favorite farm store :)

Macey said...

LOVE your new header! And I super love the pumpkin fest. Is that the Wooden Shoe tulip place??!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Love the pics and the one all 4 girls is sooooooooooooooo dang cute!!!

We did the corn maze last week and hope to do a haunted us maybe next weekend.

Connie said...

That looks like so much fun!

We went to the pumpkin patch over the weekend. Except that it was just a patch of grass in the middle of town. Took 10 minutes.

Jenny said...

I love the new pic of the girls! What a gorgeous family you have!

We went to the pumpkin patch on Friday. It was really sunny, so the kids have their eyes almost closed in all of the pics. LOL!

Miller Racing Family said...

What a blast. This looks like a great pumpkin trip. I love the cow train and the pumpkin express is so cute. What great photo ops. We did make it to the pumpkin patch and I think our favorite thing was the hay maze.
I love the group photo, your girls are beautiful.
Have a great day!

Impulsive Addict said...

Aww...love the pics! Nope. We haven't been anywhere. This town has NOTHING. No pumpkin patch. No apple picking opportunities. No NOTHING. Although I heard they are doing something for the kids Halloween weekend. Well, we wont be here. =( I hate my town. It's a big fat dud.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This looks like so much fun...and you have the most photographic girls ever.
I just love seeing big sis...she must be such a help with the lil' ones!!

Heather said...

Love that last picture!! Beautiful girls! We haven't done too much fall stuff yet...as it was still 100 degrees last week!! Ick. I want fall weather. Please send some.

Foursons said...

Oh my gosh, I am loving the picture of all 4 girls in your new header!!!!

What a fun place to go and the girls were all smiles, so I'm guessing it was a success.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Great pics. I love the new header too. We've gone pumpkin picking & apple picking so far. This weekend is our town Harvest festival.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin