Thursday, April 25, 2013

Road Trippin'

We just got back from THE most fun trip ever.

Last week Jeremy asked how we'd feel about heading over east to turkey hunt.
I'm going to be honest, I was a little skeptical.

*5 hour drive.
*1 little tiny who can't stand to be in the car 15 minutes.
*1 mama who stresses out at the thought of long car rides.
*Tiny cabin in the middle of nowhere.
You get the idea.

But.  We don't get out all six of us all that often.
So we packed.
And headed out.
 
RoadTrip01W

And seriously had the most amazing time ever.

Taylor was super wonderful in the car.
I didn't even mess around.
 I started right out sitting next to her so that I could tend to her every need.
And other than a throw up episode about an hour in to the trip, it was smooth sailing.
 
RoadTrip02W

We got to the cabin Sunday afternoon, and settled right in.
We got to explore on 8,000 acres of land.
And every single acre was gorgeous.
This poor little shack was right down the road from the cabin.
 
RoadTrip03W

Once we unpacked, we headed out for a drive.
We saw some cows . . .
Miss Taylor thought they looked mean,
so all we heard for the next half hour was, "Mean Tow".
 
RoadTrip14W

And then . . .
We saw some wild horses!
They were just beautiful.
 
RoadTrip12W

The next morning Sierra and Jeremy headed out early to track down turkeys.
It was chilly! A whopping 12 degrees on our last morning.
 
RoadTrip13W

And the rest of us relaxed, snacked, and headed out to explore on our own.
 
RoadTrip10W

We found a little cemetery right down from the cabin.
 
RoadTrip09W

And fell in love with the little tiny school house next door.
 
RoadTrip04W

Later we went up on the hillside and found fossils.
Fossils, people.
It was the most amazing day ever.
 
RoadTrip15W

This adorable school house was right next to the cabin.
I cannot even imagine owning this gorgeous land.
All the history here.
 
RoadTrip05W

The girls loved the merry-go-round.
 
RoadTrip08W

I think I could live there.
I really do.
No people for miles around.
The nearest grocery store, over an hour's drive.
No cell service ;)

 
RoadTrip06W

But oh my it was beautiful.
And peaceful.
And perfect.
 
RoadTrip07W  
 
  
post signature
 
 
 

8 comments :

Kelli said...

Yay to a fun family trip :) How wonderful that you were able to get away together and have good quality time. Glad things went smoothly!

Jamie Jo said...

So glad you had a great time! Sometimes it is just so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life, including phones and computers!

Love the beautiful photos you got, of course! Perfect spot for pictures!

Caseybumpinalong said...

Wow! Sounds like such a fun trip! Great photos!!

Jenny said...

Oh wow, what a pretty place. I'm so glad you all got a fun getaway! Wild horses? That is too awesome!

Heather said...

Mean tow! Best line ever! :) Love all your pics! I had to laugh though because I was reading about you unpacking and saw the broken down shack picture. I thought, "Wow! That Liz is WAY braver than I could ever be." Certainly glad you explained that the broken down shack was NOT where you stayed :D The girls are all looking so grown up. Tell them they can stop now. :) I had to smile at the camo outfits too. Do you watch Duck Dynasty? Kinda reminded me of that family :D Hope you guys are all doing well!

Colleen said...

The photos are awesome and I'm glad you got some family time. But...but...the thought of living there is pretty much exactly opposite of what I would pick. I would never last in nature or the country. Shame on me.

Macey said...

I wanna go there!
And, I'm with Taylor...that looked like a mean tow to me too!

Busy Bee Suz said...

How gorgeous and peaceful! I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your family....I adore the photos!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin