Friday, June 24, 2016

Messy

 
 
Whew.
 
It is a mess around here.
 
I'm not sure how else to describe it, really, other than life is real messy right now.
 
A couple of weeks ago we lost my father-in-law, tragically, and suddenly.  To say that we are lost, and having trouble knowing how to go on, is an understatement. We were *just* finding our way after the last tragedy, four years ago. Just beginning to smile again.  Just finding the joy in the new memories being made. And now . . . what?
 
That's been my question for the last two weeks.  'What now?'  Of course, I just want to scoop up my mom-in-law, and move her right in with us. But, I'm not real sure she'll go for that.  {Orrr ~ has anyone searched mother-in-law cottages on Pinterest? Adorable!}  But I think our first step is just that, a step.  One step, and then another toward living again.  I am reminded how short this life is. How little time we have with one another.  So my goal is to do MORE.  Even when I feel like doing less.  To make more memories with my daughters and husband, my mother-in-law, and my own parents. More sleepouts on the living room floor. More nature walks. More time with my girls in the kitchen.  More life, less stress. More trust, less control.
 
That's the plan, Stan. To seek out a little bit of joy in this world of chaos and confusion.
 
Big hugs from me to you, in case you are feeling lost too.
 
 
post signature
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments :

Jenny said...

Liz, I can't even imagine what you all are going through right now. I'm so sorry.

I think "doing more" is a great idea! I have so many wonderful memories from my childhood and I hope my daughter some day feels the same about hers. There are so many times where it would be easier to say no or to stay home, but I do really need to push myself to do more as well.

I'm still praying for all of you! Oh and the MIL cottages are so cute!

Mama 2 Four said...

Liz, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you and your sweet family. Hugs to all of you!

Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Psalm 30:5 – Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Isaiah 40:31 – but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin