Monday, November 12, 2018

DIY Christmas Gifts



Well, November is just zooming on by, isn't it?
But it's not too late to get moving on some DIY Christmas gifts.

One of my favorites is Homemade Vanilla.

Nearly everyone in my family loves to bake, so this gift is a no brainer ~
it's easy to make, fun to package, and greatly appreciated.
And if you make it soon, it'll be ready for gift-giving by Christmas!



I make my vanilla individually, but you *could* make up a big batch in large mason jars, 
and then divide it up into smaller bottles at the end.

I buy my BOTTLES on Amazon
My BEANS on Beanilla
and my VODKA ~ just the cheap-o kind at the liquor store

I slice through the center of each bean, drop a couple in each bottle, 
fill to the top with the Vodka, tie up with pretty ribbon, and set aside for 5 or 6 weeks.
And voila!





Seriously, y'all, they make the greatest gifts!

Make some today, and check some people off your gift list!


post signature



1 comment :

Sarah Shumate said...

What a cool idea! Homemade vanilla sounds yummy. I was taking a look at the links you linked to, though, and each BEAN is $16?! So each little bottle you make costs $16 plus the cost of the bottle and vodka? Is that right?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin