And here, my friends, is another installment of Friend Makin' Mondays, hosted by
This week we're talkin' about 10 things we love about summer
This should be a cinch since I LOOOOOOOVE Summer!
1. BBQs. I love 'em! Get togethers of any kind will do. The girls' cousins are out of school, and both my sister and sister-in-law are home through the summer meaning more flexibility for family gatherings, yay!
2. Family Reunion. Each year my side of the family holds a 3-day reunion camp-out. It's a great opportunity to see our relatives that live farther away. It's sad to admit, but we probably would never see them otherwise.
3. Slip N Slide. I know it sounds silly, but I love the darn thing. The girls could slip and slide all day long, and sometimes I let 'em!
4. Playing outside. We live in Oregon. We're lucky to see the sun at all. Most of the year it is drizzle and gloom, so we try to take advantage of the few decent days we get, and enjoy the outdoors.
5. Sunsets. I just love watching a beautiful sunset.
6. Vacations. Who doesn't love a getaway? Typically we don't do anything extravagant in the summer. But it seems each month is filled with some sort of getaway. A trip to the beach, camp-outs, they all refresh and renew the spirit.
7. Warmth and Sun. I know this is a "duh", but I cannot get enough of the sun. We see it so rarely, I just want to drink it up!
8. Though we go through many a bottle of sunscreen around here, we spend enough time out of doors to get a nice glow during the summer. There is something about a little tan that makes you look healthier.
9. Sundresses. I love to wear them!
10. Long days. Doesn't it just seem like the days go on forever during the summer? I love that it stays light so late, it means more time for cramming in all that summer fun!
So, what do y'all love about Summer? Go to Kasey's to read more about summer fun, and play along!