Sunday, June 7, 2009

Only Child = Nap, Exercise, and Quiet

Pictures courtesy of Sierra {a budding photographer}

Yesterday Daddy and Gramps took Sierra and Makenna on a fun-filled fishing trip in the boat. Sierra has gone a few times, but this was Makenna's first trip out.

They took off around 11am, and didn't return home until 9:30 last night!
After a picnic lunch they watched for ducks and geese, played card games, and, of course, fished.
While my two older daughters were having the time of their lives out on the water, Kam and I were having a pretty good time as well. We met up with Nana {My Mom} to check out a new boutique that we've been hearing about. We browsed, found a cute little sweatshirt for Muffin Moo, and a lot more that, sadly, we couldn't take home with us.
I deliberately cut the trip short so that I could get Kameryn home for a decent nap, and guess what, I napped with her. Okay, so I had a hard time falling asleep, and am not really sure I actually made it to dreamland. But I got to lie down on the bed, close my eyes for a few minutes, and even indulge in a little book reading. I was a pampered princess, I tell you!
She almost looked as though she was pondering the change. The quiet, the stillness that comes with being the only two here. It brought me back to those first few months with Sierra. Those lazy days when clothing didn't take over my laundry room, dishes didn't pile in the sink, and my floors were always clean. And while I loved my time alone with Kam, I missed my girls so. I missed the noise, the drama, their shrieks, and the giggles.
My house is not as clean as it once was, the girls aren't always in bed early {okay, so they're never in bed early}, I never seem to catch up on the dang laundry . . . and that's okay. I'm constantly amazed at how quickly children grow. One day they won't need me like they do now, and that, I'm afraid, will break my heart.
So I will take it all in while I can. Even if that means missing out on a nap.


post signature

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is looking that Sierra is going to be good with the camera like her mom. And don't worry, the house work and laundry will still be there tomorrow. I know!!

Kenlie said...

Wow. Gorgeous!

Kelly said...

It takes 2 or 3 kids before you realize how easy just one kid was. I really should have done more with my oldest. Now with 2 kids it's almost scary to go places with them alone.

~~Mel~~ said...

They really do grow up so fast, don't they??? I hate it!!!

Glad you enjoyed your time with Kam. I love all of your girls names but especially Makenna.

Sierra took such great pics!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin