Thursday, December 1, 2011

Countdown to Christmas 2011

SugarplumCreations

Oh my goodness, people.  How can it be December 1st already??  How? 
December totally snuck up on me this year.  And I'm not all that prepared.

But I'll get there.

The past two years I've blogged about our Countdown to Christmas.
We plan a special outing, activity, or craft for each day in December.  I make little notes that I've numbered 1-24, and each day I stick one, outlining our activity for the day, in a corresponding pocket of our "Advent Tree". The girls LOVE it.  And I love it too.  We like to celebrate the whole month! 

CountdowntoChristmasW

Today, we will be making our Hershey's Countdown.  Want to make your own?  Check out how here :)
Enjoy this special time.  Another year will be upon us before we know it!

{Interested in sharing your favorite holiday crafts, activities, or recipes??  Come back next Thursday, the 8th, and we'll link up!  I can't wait to see what y'all are up to!}

post signature

8 comments :

Unknown said...

I love that you do this for your girls!!! So sweet!

~Becca

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute idea!! There was one year when Lexie was littler that we watched a Christmas movie every day of December until Christmas. She loved it!!! I wish we could still do that now. :o/

Jenny said...

I should do the countdown, except with Reese's for Abby. She loves those!

Today's activity is to put do the outside Christmas lights.

Kelli said...

What a fun way to celebrate. You are going to have a joyful month :)

Macey said...

What a great idea!
I think I'll need a couple bags of candy...one to eat while I'm making the advent, ya know.

Connie said...

Our elves showed up this morning and everyone is so very excited!

can't wait to join your weekly countdown again!

Kelli W said...

I remember your Hershey countdown from last year...such a cute idea! Have a great weekend Liz:)

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so good to keep your girls interested in Christmas...and not just he commercial side of it.
XOXOXOO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin