Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beach Trip & Other Odds & Ends

I've been busy snappin' pictures in an effort to become a better photographer. Yesterday the girls and I ventured outside after the rain had passed through, and I got some great shots of Kam and a couple with all three girls that are just precious. I'm hoping to do our own portrait this year {did I already mention that?} , but I definitely need a little more practice {and a new lens, and maybe Photoshop??? Yeah, I know, but a girl can dream right?} before that big day comes. Anyway, I can't wait to share the photos, but I think I'll wait until next week when it's time for Kam's 8 month entry. Can you believe she's almost 8 months old already? Ack! I really don't know where the time goes.
We've been a busy bunch this September! Our Great Wolf Lodge trip was fantastic, and we just recently got back from the beach. What a fabulous time we had! The beach trip was actually planned as a Homeschooling Field Trip with a good friend of mine, and her children. If we're being honest here, we just really wanted to go to the beach. Throw in a visit to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, and an afternoon at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, and we can disguise all our beach fun by calling it a Field Trip. We're bad, I know.
We spent most of Tuesday driving down the coast. We stopped in Tillamook at the Cheese Factory. We got to see them packaging up the cheese, and most importantly taste some delicious ice cream.

A lady was kind enough to ask if we'd all like to have a picture together.


We finally arrived in Lincoln City, and immediately hit the sand.

And spent the rest of the evening digging, patting, scooping, and splashing.

Guess what I learned about my friend, Amanda, on our trip. She has got some mad skills when it comes to sand art! Here she is with her son, sculpting one mean crocodile.

The finished product.

Wednesday was spent at the Oregon Coast Aquarium. We got to see some beautiful fish, and learned quite a bit about ocean life. Look at this beauty.

I loved this jelly-fish exhibit. Its color was so vibrant. Especially with the beautiful blue back-drop.

Peek-A-Boo!

I'm so happy we made this trip a priority. It's been something we've talked about for awhile.

So that's that. We've been BUSY!
Tomorrow is our first official day of homeschool. Yay! I'm so happy to be starting again, and getting back into a routine. Hope y'all are enjoying these last few weeks of sunshine. Unless of course you live someplace that is warm year round. If that's the case I'm jealous. Very jealous.


post signature

11 comments :

Foursons said...

Don't be jealous. It may be warm year round, but when it's summer it is so hot that you can't go outside. It's horrid and miserable.

Love the photos and almost makes me wish I home schooled. Almost.

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are great pictures. Looks like lots of fun! That was a great crocodile. Wish I had some art skilz. I am with you..gonna be missing the warmth soon.

Kristen said...

I'm working on my photography skills too! I have photoshop, but have yet to really learn anything. It's such a big program. It intimidates me.a.lot. :)

Kelli said...

Not warm year round here. But I love the change from summer to fall. Those are great pictures. I love aquariums.

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation/filed trip-ish trip!! The pics at the aquarium are wonderful too!!

~Becca

Helene said...

Wow, those are beautiful pictures!!! You're definitely more talented than me when it comes to picture taking!!

Glad you all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Liz, I saw th photos before; but must say again they are awesome! Your phtography skills are becoming very very good!! Thank you for sharing.

Colleen said...

Awesome pictures - love that alligator!

Have you used picassa for your pictures, it's easy and free!

~~Mel~~ said...

What a great way to end Summer! Looks like a very fun and educational vacation.

Mama 2 Four said...

What a fun trip, and beautiful pics!

Rachel Sue said...

That is an awesome crocodile. What a fun trip!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin