Monday, September 5, 2011

A Good Weekend.

Saturday afternoon we took a drive toward Mt. Hood to visit with relatives of Jeremy's that we've never met.  An added bonus?  Jeremy's "Tata" made a surprise appearance.  He isn't in wonderful health, so it was so nice to be able to see him, and let the girls give him a big ol' hug.  Plus it was the first time he'd seen Taylor.

{I feel this overwhelming need to apologize for the quality of the photos.  It's not always easy balancing a baby on your hip, a two year old wrapped around your leg, and snapping "good" photos.  But then, lately, I've noticed certain photographers continually apologizing if the lighting isn't great, or some other such thing, and only posting the "good shots".  As if those are the only ones worthy.  So.  Yes, there are blown highlights, and limbs out of focus, but I love each of these pictures.  Because they are special.  And emotional.  And isn't that what a photograph is supposed to be?  Whew.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.}

Tata1

Tata holding his littlest granddaughter :)

Tata2

Miss Tay took quite a liking to his finger.  Look at that sweet little grip ;)

Tata3

And then Smarties were handed out.

Tata4

And someone took a liking to those.

Tata5

Then things got a little crazy.  Balancing Smarties on the nose and all.

Tata6

We're kooky like that.

It was a good weekend.  Full of great memories.  How was yours?
post signature

14 comments :

Connie said...

How fun! I love Smarties....they are the only sour candy that I like.

We had a great weekend. Very busy and Alex is extremely happy that he doesn't have to go to school today!

Colleen said...

Awww, no reason to apologize for those pictures...I'm sure the one of Tata and your family will be priceless one day :)

Macey said...

I think the pictures are great! What an awesome day! :)
Ours has been fine so far...today's the last day! BOO.

Heather said...

I love the one of Jeremy's tata. We have some of Bailey with my grandfather right before he passed...and I treasure those.

Impulsive Addict said...

Well, I'm far from being a pro but I thought the pics were awesome! Now I feel the overwhelming urge to balance a smart on my nose! LOL!

Impulsive Addict said...

*smartie* Oops!

Foursons said...

I recently posted about publishing my pictures no matter what they looked like too. :)

I love the first picture. All of your girls are so pretty.

mountain mama said...

looks like fun, can't beat visiting family you've never met!

and yes...boo with her ears...three seperate occastions due to some misfortunes :)

Jenny said...

Those are great pics! It sounds like a nice day!

Unknown said...

What? Are you kidding me? You take FANTASTIC pictures- I only wish mine turned out half as good as yours do!!

~Becca

Busy Bee Suz said...

I could not find one bad photo in the batch.
Our weekend was great at well...but I did not get any smarties. :)

Kelli said...

Balancing smarties...I see that was the highlight. I think that is so cute :) Almost as cute as Miss Taylor holding tight to that finger!

Susana said...

Liz, I feel the same way about pics. So many of mine are out of focus, blurry in areas, or totally blown out, but these are our memories, so I'm posting mine--good and not so good :-). Your pics are always good, simple as that!

I love the smartie pics!

Your weekend sounds wonderful and very special too. We've had some visits with my Grandma recently just like yours with Jeremy's Tata.

PS, I still owe you an email, and I haven't forgotten. I am just extremely slack right now. I'm still looking for about 4 extra hours each day, but haven't found it yet :-).

jennohara said...

Wow, I am so. behind.
I LOVE your Kamryn post, and I really got a kick out of your ignorant ladies post too. ;)
Glad things are well!!
ps...maybe its a Canadian thing, but those SMARTIES, are called ROCKETS here! SMARTIES are chocolate! :-D
Oh yeah, and your photos? Gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin