Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Little Baby Bee

We had a Bumble Bee Party for Little Miss' 1st Birthday.
Party02
I tried to make these little bees out of cake pops, but apparently I made their bodies too big because they were pretty wobbly.  Back to the drawing board ~ a friend suggested I try marshmallows.  Worked like a charm!
Party01

My dear friend came over to help assemble.  We made up 24 of these cupcakes in a jar two days ahead of time.  They froze and thawed beautifully, were so moist and delicious, and the best part ~ no prep work the day of the party.  Just took them out of the freezer in the morning to serve that afternoon.  LOVED it!

Party04

And, of course, lemonade in Mason jars.  Next time I will use smaller jars ;)  These quart ones are great for very thirsty people ;)
Party03

It was such fun.
Taylor had a wonderful first birthday.
 She was really getting the hang of opening gifts toward the end.
And if she hadn't been . . .well, big Sissy Kam was right there to help.

Party05



post signature

11 comments :

Kelli said...

Great job on the party. I love the theme and how everything turned out.

Jenny said...

What a cute party! That lemonade pic is making me thirsty!

Erica @ All About Aleigha said...

Such a cute party. And the birthday girl is adorable too!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh...her little hair tie on the top of her head? THE cutest thing I have ever seen!
Well, you know I am so in love with the bee theme. Her party looks wonderful....you are such a good mama.
I will share this marshmallow trick with LoLo...she's been trying to perfect her cake pops. You should see my kitchen....oy vey.
xo

Connie said...

What a beautiful party!! Love the theme and the cupcakes in a jar.

Happy Birthday little one!

Foursons said...

You did a beautiful job Liz! Happy 1st Birthday to that sweet girl.

jennohara said...

SO cute!! I love the theme!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Liz! You did a wonderful job, as always. I love the marshmallow bees - they really turned out adorable!

Kelli W said...

Liz that is such a cute party! I love the marshmallow bees and the cupcakes in the jars! I need to figure out how to make bees boyish so I can use it as a theme:)

Anonymous said...

what did you use for the bee wing on the marshmallows?

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I used Wilton Vanilla Candy Melts, cut in 1/2 :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin