Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Not *Exactly* How I Envision It

Creating in the kitchen . . .
It's not always exactly how I envision it.
In my mind I see neatly organized flour and sugar jars. 
A crisp, clean apron.
Dough, the perfect consistency.
Spotless floors.

{Sorry, but this is my fantasy.  And I fantasize about spotless floors.  Don't judge}.
Kitchen01
In real life? 

Everyone wants to climb on counters.
There's fighting over who gets to measure out the next ingredient.
More flour ends up on the floor than in the bowl.

Kitchen02

{I'm pretty sure Kam was reprimanding Kenners for trying to sneak some dough.  Kitchen police, that Kam!}
And there are lots of . . . shenanigans.
Kitchen03

But we're making memories.

And memories can be messy sometimes ;)
And in case anyone cares what we were makin' in the kitchen . . .
I found a yummy looking recipe at Bakerella.
We just had to try these yummy chocolate chip cookie dough truffles.

Kitchen06

Yep.  It was pretty much pure chocolatey, doughy, goodness.

Kitchen04

and the girls had such fun dipping and sprinkling! :)

Kitchen07
post signature

11 comments :

Connie said...

YUM!

My kitchen isn't big enough for group baking projects. :(

Anonymous said...

I made her cake balls for my sister in law's baby shower. They were such a hit! I don't think there is anything on her site that I don't want to try :)

Macey said...

And Kenner's is just laughing at Kam!! LOL
Those look so good.

Anonymous said...

Your cake pops look too pretty to eat! Reading your blog makes me wish I was a baker. But that would be like wishing myself to be 200 lbs, because that's exactly what would happen. ;o)

Foursons said...

Oh my goodness, those are calling my name! Note to self: never invite Liz over to the house since the floors haven't been mopped since 2003.

Heather said...

Those look amazing! And it looks like LOTS of fun! :)

Jenny said...

Those look so yummy! Cute pictures. The mess is so worth it for those cute little faces!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Who doesn't fantasize about clean floors??? LOL
You are the best Mom, always doing fun {and messy} stuff with your girls.
xoxo

p.s I could just chew on Taylor's cheeks all day long!

Unknown said...

You always make things look so beautiful - who cares about eh shenanigans behind the scenes!

Emmy said...

Yes never quit as you picture but still so beautiful and wonderful!

Love it

Kelli said...

I have those dreams too. Unfortunately I allow them to interfere with having fun with my kids. I'm glad you let go of that and created those sweet memories with your girls :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin