Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Little Bit Random

My thoughts are all over the place today.  Partly because I live on about an hour's sleep most days, and partly because I have an excruciating headache.  So I apologize in advance if this jumps around a bit.

So . . . this Little Miss
Kam1W

is almost 3! 
What? 
How did that happen?? 

Can I just take a little walk down memory lane real quick?

Check out this tiny little bundle.

Princess

Oh good gracious.  Tiny little cupcake.  Isn't she the sweetest??

B&W Kam

This has always been a favorite of mine.  So serious.

Christmas Card 06

And there she is last Winter.

My goodness they grow quickly, don't they?  Makes my heart hurt a little.


I've been informed that Miss Thing would like a Pink Princess Ariel Cake for her birthday.  If you ask, that's what she'll tell you.  Me: "But, what kind of presents would you like Kam?"  Kam: "Pink Princess Ariel Cake.  My told you already."  {Girl is a bit of a sass, you know}.  I was actually going to skip the cake thing this year and just make up more of the Cake Pops, and possibly offer an Ice Cream Sundae Bar.  But, I don't know.  Kam is one opinionated little girl.  And if she says she wants Pink Ariel.  She wants Pink Ariel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I often feel a little bummed this time of year.  Now that Christmas is over, and we have a long winter/spring to look forward to.  But this year it seems we have so much to look forward to, I can't help but be excited.  Our San Diego trip, just weeks away {SQUEAL!!!}.  And I'm hoping to take a little trip down to Medford to visit my sister sometime this Spring.  She's about to have a baby {not her own.  She's actually a surrogate!} shortly, so maybe we'll plan something for March or April.  We're long overdue for a good visit.  And I think it'd be fun to take the girls on a tour of where their Mama spent some time growin' up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's almost Miss America time!
 I was SO excited to find out that it will be televised this Saturday {Jeremy works, so it'll be just us girly girls!}.  We are planning on breaking out the evening gowns, tiaras, and sashes, ladies.  Oh yes we are.  Do y'all have any big Miss America viewing plans?  Do tell!


post signature

14 comments :

Macey said...

I haven't watched Miss America in forever, but I bet it's totally fun when you're watching with 4 little princesses!
This is the worst time of year. I really dread it. Right before Christmas I sometimes think about it and get bummed...I've made a rule to not think about it until January. But once January starts I'm bummed. Until at least May.

Jenny said...

There is no way she can be almost 3 already! She's so gorgeous, that first picture is awesome! You'll have to explain how you set up your shoots. I'd love to know.

I didn't realize that Miss America was on this weekend. That will be so fun to watch it. Do you record it or watch it live? I'm always worried about crazy commercials.

Kelli W said...

Okay, seriously you always have the best girly girl times! I wanna come watch Miss America with you:) My boys would die if I made them sit down and watch a beauty pageant even though I have watch 101 football games this year! Miss Kam is just too adorable for words...that first picture really shows how sassy she is:)

Anonymous said...

I am just cracking up over here!! I'm not one bit surprised ya'll get girlied up and watch Miss America! :o) Maybe we'll watch this year, too, but the fanciest dress I have is my wedding dress, so maybe we'll skip the getting dolled up part. ;o)

I am SOOO glad you're going to get to visit your sister! I know that would raise my spirits! Girl time is good, but sister time is even better. That is so incredibly selfless of her to be a surrogate. I've never known anyone to actually do that other than in the movies!

Impulsive Addict said...

She is so precious. I am LOVING that first picture. It makes me realize that in less than a year, my Emma will be turning 3 and I don't like how fast time is flying these days.

Ahhh...Miss America. Yes, I think I'll watch it this year. Nothing motivates me to lose weight more than looking at them in bikini's!!!

Mama 2 Four said...

Oh my goodness, I love the pics of your little cutie pie! She is so sweet!
That is so neat that your sister is having a baby for someone else! I have often thought about that, but I don't know that I will ever be that selfless! Pregnancy is so hard for me!

I remember watching Miss America when I was younger! I have not watched it in years, but maybe the Little Miss and I should sneak away and watch this year!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Little Kam is growing up so fast. If you don't get her a pink princess Ariel cake, then I will pout for weeks and weeks. :)
Miss America? Who is that??? I don't watch those shows, I'm probably watching some silly reality housewives show at that time.
Goodbye to the headache!
xo

marie said...

You are handy with the camera that's for sure, such precious pictures.

I do not watch the pageants but I think it's cute you all have a viewing party.

I think it's important as moms to make lots of special fun memories for the kids.

Jessica said...

Oh, honey, I watch it and take notes and score the girls myself {because I am crazy like that!!} It is fun to see who I think will win. I credit that craziness back to my dance days and competing! Ha, ha! Once you get it in your blood, it never leaves, I do believe! : )

Connie Weiss said...

I can't believe you're going to watch Miss America instead of the Denver Broncos. :)

She is a beautiful girl....and she knows what she wants!

Heather said...

My told you already! I love it! That made me laugh out loud. I love 3. It has been one of my favorite ages for all 3 girls.
I love that you're busting out the evening gowns for Miss America! Wish we were closer :)

Unknown said...

I can not believe that she is almost 3!! Seriously, I remember her being born - where does the time go???

~Becca

Kelli said...

Your sister is a surrogate...that is SO awesome! I'm so excited for you and your San Diego trip...can't wait to hear all about it. How is Kam almost 3...she is growing up so fast and into such a beautiful girl. I love her sass :)

Unknown said...

We are on the cusp of having an almost 3 year old as well. It is mind boggling sometimes - how on earth is she almost 3??? So wonderful and bittersweet to be sure. Enjoy your pink, Ariel, tiara filled birthday extravaganza!! xoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin