Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Goals

I've mentioned before that I don't really do the resolution thing.  But I *do* like to have goals that I am working toward.  I just finished reading my 2011 goals, and I had to smile, thinking back to where I was at this time last year.  Smack dab in the middle of house building.  Wow, that was stressful.  And looking forward to the birth of our fourth child.  At the time, I didn't even know she was a girl!  Crazy how much can change in just one year.  I didn't make it through the Bible :(  BUT, I did make it to Isaiah.  That counts for something, right?  And I am purposing to get through the rest of the Bible this year.  I am more than half way through.  I can do it.

That is definitely Goal #1  And in keeping with that goal, I am also purposing to pray more.  I pray with the girls at bedtime, say my own prayers before falling to sleep, and occasionally remember to thank God for all of those little blessings day to day.  Underwhelming, huh?  I received a prayer journal for my 30th birthday, and I have used it a handful of times, but I want to use it more often.  Sometimes I think that God would love to bless me with even more, it's just . . . I don't ask.  I could go on {and on} about that, but I won't ;)

Goal #2 . . . Exercise.  Ha! I know, I know.  Heard that one before?  Me too.  But this time I mean it.  I started a little over a week ago, and I've followed through every single day {except one!}.  And I have a little bit of an incentive this year.  Tell ya about it soon ;)

Goal #3:  Get my photography business off the ground.  I'm really praying about this one.

And too many other little goals to count!

How about y'all?  Do you make resolutions?  Do you have a list of goals?  I'd love to hear 'em.

Oh, and just because I can't resist:

TaylorGrace2

Ohhhhhhh dear.  Seriously?  Is she the cutest thing ever, or is it just me?

Linking up with IA for TTUT


post signature

19 comments :

Impulsive Addict said...

OH LORD HELP ME that pic is just precious. My uterus just ached big time!

Ok, wait. Incentive? I have to wait? What?? I'm not a patient person. I need a hint. A possible vacay to a beach?

I hope you had a great Christmas with your family and friends. Happy New Year to you and thank you SO MUCH for linking up with us! xoxo

Xazmin said...

Cutest thing ever - for sure!

I can't wait to hear the incentive for #2!

I have some spiritual goals as well - and also getting my house in order!

Patty Sumner said...

Yes, She is the cutest thing ever! What a wonderful pic. Did you take it? I stumbles across your blog so glad I did. I am your newest follower. I hope you will come and visit and follow along with my blog. We have much in common. I am excited! Blessings and what a beautiful bunch of girls.

Kelli said...

I'm with you in that I make goals for myself. I need to work on them...I'm behind. I too did not get through the Bible last year but I'm determined to do it this year. More committed prayers is great and so needed for all of us. I also need to exercise...my incentive is that Rondell is in a wedding in October and I'll need to be the cute groomman's wife.

Anonymous said...

It's not just you! She's pretty stinkin' cute! :o)

I need to know your incentive! Really, I do. I have the same work out goal, but my only incentive is public shame if I'm not able to follow through. And I'm not even sure you can call that an incentive!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, she is adorable!!

I'm with you on the exercise thing! I've got to get moving! I think we'll go to Florida again in April, so that's my incentive. I can't wait to hear what yours is!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!! I want to eat her up!!! :))

I need you to come to Texas and take our pictures!! You do such an amazing job!!

~Becca

Valerie said...

Um, yah...totally cutest thing ever! Best wishes on your goals..You.Can.Do.It. (That's from Bob the Builder...you might not know about that with 4 girls and all...but us moms of boys are usually big fans!) :)

Val

Becca said...

She is so precious...all of your children are! My goal this year is to learn to slow down and listen, and enjoy the time with my family. This last year has brought back to me how important family is.

Stacie said...

Its not just you, she is a cutie!

Heather said...

oh my word. I just melted. She's precious. Love that picture! Wet eyelashes are one of my favorite things!! (I know...odd). :)
I should look back on my goals. I think I made some. :)
haha!!

marie said...

It certainly isn't just you, she is utterly precious. I make goals as well. I am not the type of person who can commit to doing something everyday because if I then miss a day I will feel as though I've failed. There are definitely tons of things I am trying to improve about myself. All in due time.

Kelli W said...

Oh my! Those chubby little cheeks are adorable! I love your goals. I really need to sit down pick out a word for the year and set a few goals for myself...otherwise I will just keep on going like I am!

Macey said...

I had all kinds of things to say and then I saw that adorable picture!!!

jennohara said...

Oh my goodness....that thumb in that cute little mouth is precious!!!

Mamarazzi said...

first i was sooo distracted by your header picture that it took me a minute to even get to your post...ADORABLE girls.

THEN i get to the picture of your baby and forget every thing i was going to say about your post.

this is some seeeeerious cuteness up in here!!

Shawn said...

That picture is almost enough to make me want another baby...almost!

I made a list for New Year as well, 52 things in 52 weeks, we'll see how well I do.

Thanks for linking up!

Busy Bee Suz said...

No resolutions for me...I'm too lazy. :)
I love that photo of Taylor! She is delicious!

Connie Weiss said...

I need to exercise. Or at the very least do yoga or something.

LOVE THAT BABY!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin