Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year

Whew!  It's a NEW year, y'all!!!  That totally snuck up on me.
I swear, it was just the beginning of 2011.  Weren't we just finishing up house-building, waiting on the arrival of baby girl #4?  Was that really a whole year ago??   Yikes.

So . . . we had a nice, quiet New Year's Eve.

We spent the first part of the day in the kitchen making these:

Newyears

Pretzel Bites. 
I found them through Pinterest {yeah, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon, and oh.my.word.  I'm a little tiny bit addicted}.  You can find the recipe here, at Two Peas And Their Pod if you'd like to make your own.  And trust me, you should!  The girls LOVED them, and they were super easy to make.

{Edited to add: You can follow me here: Follow Me on Pinterest , but be warned, I haven't had much time to do pinning, so my boards are sparse.  I hope to change that soon!}

Newyears2

After a quick visit to see Jeremy's Papa {he had surgery last week}, we headed over to my mom and dad's for annual Bingo night.  Only this year, it was Bingo day.  The change in time worked out perfectly, because lately Kam and Taylor are ready for bed by about 7 o'clock.

We got home, put the littlest ones to bed . . . and then . . .

We PARTIED ALL NIGHT LONG!

Newyears3

Which is code for: we played some board games until Kenners and I fell asleep around 11, and had to be woken up by Daddy and Sis to ring in the new year.

Newyears4

Hope your celebrations were equally as exciting! :)

post signature

11 comments :

jennohara said...

Sounds like a great way to bring in the New Year! Happy New Year guys!! Only the best wishes for you!

Connie said...

Happy New Year!

I was in bed VERY early. Being sick bites.

Macey said...

Sounds like a good NYE to me!
I was sick the week before Christmas, travelled the week AFTER Christmas and just never have gotten caught up on rest or feeling really good, so I was out early on NYE. :)
I have to find you on Pinterest!

Valerie said...

Happy New Year, Liz! We made it until "New York time" which would be 11 PM CST. :)

Yes, I love Pinterest. I'm trying to figure out how to find and follow people...do you know how to do that?

Let me know your Pinterest name so I can discover your cute pins!

Colleen said...

Those pretzel bites look awesome!! Happy happy new year to you and your gorgeous girls :)

Jenny said...

I love Pinterest too! The pretzel bites look so yummy!

What a fun New Year's Eve!

Heather said...

Those look delicious! I've avoided Pinterest thus far. I know how addicted I will be. And the kids like to eat and have clean clothes so I am staying FAR FAR away! :)

We rang in the new year New York style so we were all home and snug in bed by 10pm :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a REALLY nice way to ring in the new year! We went to a church party until 11:00 and then headed home and watched the ball drop all snuggled up in the bed! :o)

Foursons said...

Those pretzels look soooo good. Actually, I'm looking at the cheese, but I'd like some pretzels with my cheese.

We have played Uno the past few years on NYE and Nolan really looked forward to it this year.

marie said...

That's totally partying. I love playing games. Over the break though my kids have gotten out of the habit of their early bedtime and have been sleeping in until 9!!! School starts next week. Yikes!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The pretzels have me craving pretzels now!!!
Your new years eve looks perfect to me...family, fun and safe!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin