Monday, January 30, 2012

Party Girl

We had a fantastic birthday weekend. 
I'll be honest.  I teared up more than a couple of times thinking about how quickly these little ones grow.
 I want a time machine. 
I don't care to look into the future {at all}, but what I wouldn't give to just go back a few years and observe.  Not re-live it, exactly.  Just "watch it".  Like a home movie or something.
Do I sound crazy?

Anyway, back to the subject.  Birthday weekend.

Friday morning {Kam's actual birthday} started out with French Toast {her request}.  And Daddy brought home chockit doonuts just for her!

Party1

She got to open presents from us, and try on a million birthday outfits.

Party2

Which resulted in some modeling and hamming it up for the camera.
party3

Not long after, the phone started ringing off the hook for Miss Birthday Girl.

party4

We finished out our day with dinner and cupcakes and ice cream courtesy of Nana and Grandpa.

party5

Saturday morning {birthday party day} started bright and early with cake decorating.

NO laughing. 
I was limited on time. 
And, what's that?  Is the cake a little lopsided, you ask?  Why, yes it is.  Thank you for noticing.

party6

The Birthday Table.  Decked out with cake, Pink Lemonade, and Kam's photo book.  We added the punch, and pretzel bites shortly after.

party7

Miss Kam was so excited for her party to start.  She could hardly wait.  She passed the time by sampling the lemonade and staring at her cake ;)

party8

We offered an Ice Cream Sundae Bar, and I'm so glad we did.  Who doesn't love an ice cream sundae??  Strawberries, Caramel and Chocolate Syrup, Hot Fudge, Gummi Bears, M&Ms, Marshmallows, Peanuts, and an assortment of crushed candy bars.  YUM!

party9

Kenners and Sierra were so happy to have their cousin over.  Nothing sweeter than cousins goofing around having fun together.

party10

Finally it was present time :)

party11

Yep, she actually received a package of chocolate donuts :)

And LOTS of Barbies.  She could play Barbies all day every day.

party12

I'm not sure what all the excitement was over in this shot.

party13

And a brand spankin' new fishing pole.  A big girl one :)  She was so excited, and is now totally ready to go fishing with Daddy.

party14

We all had so much fun.

How was your weekend?

post signature

18 comments :

Macey said...

That is awesome! And you're right, I would never want to look in the future either, but the past...now that's a good idea...and not to relive it, but but watch it. :( They DO grow up to fast. Boo.

Impulsive Addict said...

Wow! These pictures are unbelievable. Look at you baking a fantastic cake!!! I'm completely impressed! It looks like her party turned out perfectly! I haven't had a donut in MONTHS. It's time I think. I am literally drooling!

Anonymous said...

Can I please celebrate my next birthday at your house?!?! :o)

Lopsided? Who cares?? That is the pinkest, prettiest Ariel cake I've ever seen!!!

I love it all!!! What a perfect birthday party!

Jessica said...

I love that she loves donuts! And her blue party dress was divine! : )

Patty Sumner said...

Enjoy, they do grow up so fast. What a wonderful day and some wonderful memories for your little one. She is a beauty and her day was extra special. Good job Mom!Blessings!

Jenny said...

What a fun birthday! I love the blue dress she wore on her birthday, she looks like a little princess!

Your cake is cute, I bet she loved all of that pink!

jennohara said...

No, you're not crazy...
:)

I'm glad little Birthday Girl had such a great birthday! Nice job!

Connie said...

Those are my favorite donuts too!

What a great party!

Kelli W said...

What a fun party! You did a great job on that cute castle cake! I love that she got a box of donuts as a gift...that girl must love some donuts:)

Heather said...

Love the dress she ended up wearing! My favorite color!! :)
YUM! The cake looks great! When I turned 16, my mom made me a cake and didn't let it cool before flipping it out of the pan and icing it. It literally crumbled. We still call it the "earthquake cake." :) Yours is FAR removed from that! :) It's adorable!!

marie said...

Awww, so sweet. I think the cake is perfect, I am sure the birthday girl did too. Barbies were my life for about 6 years. My life!

Foursons said...

What a wonderful day you gave her! She is just to precious for words. I love that she modeled, I love that she got chokit donuts as a present, and I love that she sat at the table patiently waiting for her party in a tutu just checking out her cake.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

The cake came out adorable.

Kelli said...

Kam, hamming it up for the camera...nooo?!?! :) Sounds like a lovely celebration. Your cake is adorable and I'm sure it was loved my your birthday girl :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my...her birthday(s) look so delightful...she has a great family doesn't she?
She and I both have a weakness for chockit doonuts!!!
I laughed when I saw someone gave them to her. (One year Lolo got beef jerky as a gift...and she was so happy!)
I love all these photos....I hope she and Daddy can go fishing soon!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, and your cake is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Well done Mama!

Colleen said...

Your cake is way better than what I do. Although I also decorate with m&m's and plastic toys!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Xazmin said...

What a fun, pretty pink birthday! Love the birthday outfit modeling!

Don't worry, my cakes OFTEN turn out lopsided! They still taste as delicious!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin