Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Weekend {In Pictures}

We had a nice, quiet weekend.  How 'bout you?
Saturday night we went up to Mom and Dad's for a super delicious celebration dinner.
Nana and Papa were able to join us, and Sierra enjoyed a visit with Papa. 
They both share a love of photos.
Weekend

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

This little Miss had a nice bubble bath in the kitchen sink ;)  I LOVE our house.  But, if I could do it over again {and trust me, I do not want to}, I wouldn't have insisted that we don't need a bath tub on the main floor.  The girls have a bath tub upstairs, but all of Taylor's clothes and things are downstairs.  I rarely go upstairs, actually.  So.  Kitchen sink it is. For now {I know, I'm lazy}.

Is there anything sweeter than a freshly washed babe?

Weekend2

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

Last night we had another amazing dinner.  Jeremy picked up steaks on his way home from work the other day.  A wonderful {and seldom} treat.  We maybe do this once a year.  Jeremy braved the wind and rain to barbecue, and they were so SO good. 

I made twice baked potatoes and homemade bread to accompany.  {Can you believe I didn't get any pictures of the steaks?}

Weekend4

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~


And Kam talked me into cupcakes. 
She is obsessed with sweets right now. 
This was our conversation the other day:

Kam: Mama, my don't want to eat my lunch.
Me: Well, you need to eat something so you can fill up your tummy.
Kam: Um, how 'bout cookie?
Me: Nooooo.  Something healthy.
Kam: Donut?

Ay yi yi.

I wish I could say that I don't know where she gets it, but I'm afraid she comes by this naturally.

Weekend3

~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~

And my Sis?  She had the baby early Saturday morning.  She did great.  Is recovering wonderfully.  And the new little man is settling in nicely with his parents.

What did your weekend look like?

post signature

14 comments :

Kelli W said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! Those cupcakes look so yummy. Grant and Eli both got my sweet tooth:) Eli has been asking me to make cupcakes for him lately too. I think because I've taken treats for Henry and Grant's classes a few time over the last two months. We may have to whip up a fun treat today since we're stuck inside because it's rainy.

Kelli said...

Yay for the new baby! Nothing like a sweet newborn...glad it all went well. Steak and twice baked potato sounds delicious right now. My kids would be in their happy place with those cupcakes. We do a lot of prepping downstairs too so I completely understand using the sink as a bath. Glad you all had a great weekend :)

Macey said...

Omagoodness. Potatoes. Cupcakes. Cute babies. I love it!

Macey said...

And congrats on the new babeh! :)

Jenny said...

Bummer about the bathtub!

Congrats on the new baby in the family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister!!! And you, Auntie Liz!!! :o)

I love these pictures! Especially the cupcake one. :o) My mom used to call me the Sugar Monster b/c that's all I ever wanted to eat. I'm still like that unfortunately...

Colleen said...

Your photos are beautiful, but you're making me hungry!

Colleen said...

P.S. Congrats on the new baby nephew :)

Heather said...

Yum! We've been doing some valentine baking too! Are you ready for your trip?! :)
We've had rain but I've told it that it HAS to go before you arrive.
Congrats on your new nephew!

Xazmin said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, full of family goodness!

As always, beautiful and amazing pictures. The first one is so my favorite. it makes me realize that I need to get more pictures of my dad with my kids, because he is in really poor health, and I'm not sure how long he'll be around. I need to be better!

Foursons said...

Oh Kam...I just adore her!

marie said...

You take the most beautiful pictures and capture the sweetest moments.

The conversation about healthy food is priceless, so utterly adorable.

Connie said...

I'm with Kam. Donuts make a perfectly nice lunch!

Val said...

What a great weekend...can't get better than great food and family.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin